The University of Oregon’s Institute for Policy Research & Engagement invites you to join us for the annual Strategic Doing Practitioners Conference! [Click Here to register!]
Every year, the community of Strategic Doers gathers to discuss the art of Doing, share the what’s going on in our communities, and build our networks. We leave feeling inspired and energized. This year, we invite you to join our growing community, no matter where you are in the world, for good company and good conversation.
Conference Theme: Democracy, Meet Civility
Over the course of four days, we’ll host a series of interactive sessions to dialogue and learn from each other. Sessions will engage with the following questions:
- What types of individuals, informal groups, and formal organizations are best suited to leverage Strategic Doing?
- How do we identify and uplift these Doers?
- How can we position Strategic Doing to address wicked problems most effectively?
- How do you get to a starting point that will generate some real energy and progress?
- How do you reconcile the immense urgency of addressing wicked problems with Strategic Doing’s “start small and build momentum” approach?
Sessions will emphasize approaches to Strategic Doing that center social justice.
Sessions will highlight the experiences of Strategic Doers from all over the world in both rural and urban settings, including perspectives from:
- The Netherlands
- Puerto Rico
- Flint, MI
- Shreveport, LA
- Rural Oregon, Indiana, Mississippi, and Alabama
Session Format & Schedule
All sessions will take place between 7am and 3:30pm Pacific. Each day will feature morning sessions, an ample midday break, and afternoon sessions.
Monday, August 2: Grounding – Wicked Problems, Democracy & Civility, and the Intersection with Strategic Doing
Tuesday, August 3: Who – Who is best to engage in Strategic Doing and how do we best engage them?
Wednesday, August 4: How – How can we position Strategic Doing to address wicket problems most effectively?
Thursday, August 5: Workshopping – What will we, the SD Community, do next? Everyone leaves with something to contribute!
Visit the [registration page] for pricing information and to sign up.
Registration will remain open through July 30, 2021.